November 5, 2012

Make your own soap dispenser



I've seen this going around on pinterest.com for a while ...
I think I first saw it on /www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com
 http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/make-your-own-mason-jar-dispenser.html



I was soaking the labels off of my glass jars...yes I have been keeping any glass jar...all sizes and shapes.  My mission is to try and keep all food products in glass jars instead of plastic ones.  So anyway...I had 2 mason type jars - these are great, I buy pasta sauce and get a mason jar out of it - so I was looking at my ugly dish detergent bottle and thought why not make a nice soap dispenser from one of the jars?  That's exactly what I did and I re-used one of my stainless steel pumps....and voila instant cute, rustic jar!

Added some jute rope and woo hoo...cute soap jar! (Sorry cut off the spout part of the pump! but you get the idea!)

I also coloured my dish soap...I use the all natural type that looks like grey silicone ...BORING! So I got the idea to put a few drops of food colouring ...this time its purple, so whenever I want to change the colour all I have to do is put in a few drops of colouring and change it to suit my mood!!





No comments: